Low cost Cloud Storage and Backup Solutions
Working in the cloud is no longer a dream!
Cloud storage is a model of networked online storage where data is stored on virtualized pools of storage which are generally hosted by third parties. Hosting companies operate large data centers; and people who require their data to be hosted buy or lease storage capacity from them for their own needs. The data center operators, in the background, virtualize the resources according to the requirements of the customer and maximize their storage pools, which the customers can themselves use to store files or data objects. Physically, the resource may span across multiple servers, but the client will never see this.
ACTUAL Client Case Study:
Divorce can be an ugly matter with both parties trying to take advantage of the other in the digital domain too. When you store things on your computer, even with a password, you may secure it but still run the risk of having your machines stolen. Where do you get the data from, again, to rebuild your replacement computer?
Our client was going through a nasty divorce with their spouse when the spouse took the office computer with all the receivables on it to bring work to a grinding halt - which they did. Now, if you saved it, or backed it up in the Cloud, as our client had, you just reinstall your programs and download your data - fresh as the last time it was instantly backed up. Don't let the spectre of theft, or vandalism prevent you from safegarding your data. A new computer was purchased, and because of the HI-speed of their data connection, all of the data was restored within a few short hours and worked continued.
When we configure some commonly available Cloud back up systems, you will have immediate access to your information, status of back up, and the ability to download a file to your Smartphone, or tablet, regardless of whether it is a Blackberry, IPhone, Windows phone, or Android Device. As a matter of fact, you can use any other computer connected to the Internet to have access to your files 24 hours a day - anywhere in the world.
Cloud storage advantages
- Companies need only pay for the storage they actually use as it is also possible for companies by utilizing actual virtual storage features like thin provisioning.
- Companies do not need to install physical storage devices in their own datacenter or offices, but the fact that storage has to be placed anywhere stays the same (maybe localization costs are lower in offshore locations).
- Storage maintenance tasks, such as backup, data replication, and purchasing additional storage devices are offloaded to the responsibility of a service provider, allowing organizations to focus on their core business, but the fact stays the same that someone has to pay for the administrative effort for this tasks
- Cloud Backup solutions start at just $10.00 per month for between 2-10 computers. So, for $120.00 per year, you can protect a small office and watch everything on your phone from anywhere in the world where you connect to the internet.
Cloud Backup Soltutions
- Offers access anywhere there is a connection to the internet.
- Easy monitoring on your Smartphone or tablet device using a custom made APP for the device.
- Security of stored data and data in transit may be a concern when storing sensitive data at a cloud storage provider 
- Performance may be lower than local storage depending on how much a customer is willing to spend for WAN bandwidth 
- Reliability and availability depends on wide area network availability and on the level of precautions taken by the service provider.
- Users with specific records-keeping requirements, such as public agencies that must retain electronic records according to statute, may encounter complications with using cloud computing and storage